• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Closing this once and for all (Part 2)

Cypherics

Reaction score
I would like to start this off by address the following as stated in Part 1; This is by no means a hostile attack or any form of hatred towards any staff member in particular, this is just how I feel and seeing as we all have the right to freedom of speech, I do not think of this as anything other than criticism or rather insight as to how I feel about this whole situation. Continuing where we left off would be a weird way to start an introduction, so instead, In this part I will be discussing an event that happened to a former staff member (Now back on staff team) regarding LGBTQ+. With that said, I welcome you to the second half of this case thing.

On January 6th, 2023, Speeder323 would take to the forums posting a thread titled "Some likely needed clarification" in which speeder attempted to make his case known, by keeping it short and simple. While short is a good idea, it still didn't help the situation as it only made things seem worse. It wasn't until the 12th that SuperBaconBro would reply saying
From what I recall speeder was just defending a 3rd party df discord server that just so happened to include transphobic messaging. Correlation by association is not big poggers and I believe Speeder is right.
Now I'm not going to side with anyone as that's not important. Whether it was right or wrong is over and done with, but the imprint still remains, nonetheless Speeder had now gained some backup, however the backup would soon be dethroned and overruled as Ashli stepped in to speak on the matter. Ashli said
when prompted if he was transphobic, he responded "It's complicated."
This was then followed up by Ashli saying
DF has a very diverse and LGBT friendly community, so seeing a lack of basic support from a member of the staff team was unexpected and shocking to a lot.
I'm not here to say anything harmful or degrading, however I would like to say, I recall this time someone had told me they had said something along the lines of Furry or something offensive in a joking matter, to which Maximization responded by muting the person in question. Again, don't take my word for it as my memory is a little jagged, but I assure you this was told to me. I'm not going to go into detail about the whole thing with a small portion of the staff being in the LGBTQ+ as that isn't what this is about nor is it ever intended to be. However, let the record show that a small portion of the staff team is in the LGBTQ+. Ashli would finish the reply saying
You can see that the whole situation was caused because Speeder was on the staff team, which are held to higher standards than regular players. This isn't a situation of "correlation by association," it's merely DF's scrutiny for staff members.
there is more that could be said about this post, but for right now, this is what I wanted to cover in the second part.

Let's recap shall we? Previously I had mentioned a few threads that I find are linked to this matter in question. One of which comes from me while the rest are from others. The most crucial one that stood out amongst the ones mentioned, would be TechStreets' post, which is linked in Part 1. A couple points were hard to notice and I understand that, however I did mention this was going to big a post, therefore explaining it all in one thread would be a big waste of time and too much text. in this post, I covered how an event regarding a stance on human identification caused one simple incident to be taken so harshly as well as mentioning some of my thoughts. While short, I assure you that if you were to combine this part with the first, it would line up.

Last edited:

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Unfortunately, some people just like to talk, doesn't matter what the context is, they just want to talk.

If someone doesn't like someone, they start to try and get them to say something wrong, which created most of the problems in the first place.

Last edited:

Cypherics

Reaction score
Unfortunately, some people just like to talk, doesn't matter what the context is, they just want to talk.

If someone doesn't like someone, they start to try and get them to say something wrong.
exactly

Francidium

Reaction score
speeder is literally a jrmod rn bro
you still haven't responded to my initial comment you just said you'd post more instead of giving evidence as to why you have any sort of point

Top Bottom