• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Closing this once and for all (Part 3)

Cypherics

Reaction score
So far I have covered a few instances that show corruption. While they are rather bland, some of them are notable. I'll quicky recap you if you chose not to read the previous two parts. In the First part I talked about 2 instances that really sparked the topic to be shown clearer. It's worth noting that people had replied their thoughts and or corrected what I had said, giving more insight. I also mentioned a post I made regarding the most infamous toxic born and bred infestation plot that is Sputt Time. The second part was about LGTBQ+ things, and this post, will be discussing the more recent posts that is rather informative. However, before I begin I would like to say again that; This is by no means a hostile attack or any form of hatred towards any staff member in particular, this is just how I feel and seeing as we all have the right to freedom of speech, I do not think of this as anything other than criticism or rather insight as to how I feel about this whole situation. Furthermore I will be labelling the sections accordingly to make it more presentable. With that said, I welcome you to Part 3.

Sputt Time returns.​

On the 4th of April (21 days ago), Azc124 posted a thread titled "Sputt Time: The Necessary Evil" and it wouldn't be long until it gained traction much like my post
about the topic, which can be found linked in Part 1. In the post Azc would keep it rather concise and well described. Azc begins the post by saying
There are those on DiamondFire from both sides on the matter of whether or not Sputt Time is bad. I, for one, think it's bad and don't understand people who play it.
Azc would then go on to say that while the plot is created to be fun, it has become a place for many trolls. Azc also mentions at this point that the messages people send while on the plot. That alone is crucially vital and important later on. (if I make a part 4) for now we will roll with it. It was here that Azc would then present us with a conversation he had with Sputt regarding the matter. Sputt had said that it was a good thing to keep trolls in.
It was a good thing to keep trolls in. And you can see these psychological bits of Sputt Time that contribute to it being a troll heaven.
Furthermore, the post then says what I find to be crucially important to this;
There's one specific place where you can get more points. The trolls love guarding that and they love the feeling of making somebody lose everything
This is cliche for a few reason; firstly, it's common in PVP type games or something like this for one to be toxic. Which can lead to the hateful remarks and such said in chat. And secondly, it is what makes it so intriging to play. Now I've already covered this section regarding Sputt time, so to wrap this up, Azc finishes the post saying
Perhaps, one day, somebody can make a plot that mimics the psychology that Sputt Time employs, and the server will be even safer due to the smaller amount of trolls outside Sputt Time and this hypothetical plot.

Attack on staff​

On the 14th of April, 10 days after Azc made their post; Spamton would take to the forums typing a direct shot at the staff, taking nothing for an answer, titling it "Fix The Staff" Spamton begins the post by saying
The staff on diamondfire are so unbelievably biased. I know they are just volunteers, but after years of "helping" out diamondfire, they should know how to moderate correctly.
While this is somewhat true, I'm not here to agree nor disagree, or side with anything. However, I will say that this is very well a direct shot attempt calculated perfectly to attack the staff team. Spamton goes on to say how they are harsh on punishments and slow to appeals. Spamton then goes on to give us a instance where he encountered this bias behavior;
I got banned a few days ago for using visible barriers, which I have never used in my life and didn't even know what it looked like. I have appealed to this ban, but have gotten zero responses to my appeal
Furthermore he says that the mods are biased against him and many others, giving them harsher punishments than the peers. This is then followed up with another instance where this was present;
One person admitted to using visible barriers and got a 3 days ban, meanwhile, I get 30 days for playing legit. Is this how the server is moderated now?
Spamton would wrap the post up saying that
Unfair bans should never happen, let alone never be appealed, because they either don't care about their playerbase as a whole or have a bias against me. The staff are also extremely slow to banning cheaters, which, I know it's not their fault, but they were pretty quick to unfairly ban me

The reception​

It didn't take long for the staff to reply to this as Tomoli75 (A Moderator) would step in saying in the most bland and cliche thing I've ever read
This post is neither constructive, nor fair on the rest of the mod team - we are volunteers, we are not being paid to moderate, ban players or respond to appeals.
Following the post made by Spamton a few days later, I took to the forums writing how I felt regarding the matter which was titled A reply to a closed thread. In the thread, I basically stated that I had been working on something for a while, and that is exactly what you are reading right now, I also took into accountability my time in the radar of the moderation saying;
While I do believe there is some constructive criticism to it, I do feel that it is justified and rightfully thoroughly written out; it is time for me to unveil a story i have been gatekeeping for the past 7 months... I won't go into too much detail as it's a long story, but in this story is exactly what i experienced in the time of being on the radar of the moderation.

Another strike on the team.​

Following the events of the post, someone else named SpamtonTheTaxMan would step in making a post titled "Because the staff team is actually abhorrent" For those who don't know; Abhorrent means causing or deserving strong dislike or hatred : being so repugnant as to stir up positive antagonism. Anyways irrelevent, moving on. He would begin the post saying that he would like actually good criticism on his take otherwise to simply ignore it.
It was here that he would begin by stating
They very obviously said "I know they are just volunteers" which is a fair criticism, however the staff team is majorly flawed, to the point in which if you disagree with what they agree with, they will mute you for hours to days on end, for close to zero reason on what they believe fits "their judgement", and if you argue about it they will just mute your post and ignore the actual problem at hand, The staff team is flawed
This would then be followed up by taxman saying
They proceeded to deflect it without even listening to the actual point at hand. They read the first two lines then sidestep the entire rest of the problem at hand, and proceed to ignore your point.
Taxman would then proceed to follow up the claim by providing a instance including a screenshot, where this was experienced saying
I was told to off myself repeatedly, but beacuse i said the b slur, i was immediately flagged and permanently muted, with no actual listening of anything past that, they were not delivered punishment for telling me to off myself, instead it was entirely ignored and deflected per usual.
To wrap it up, Taxman finished off by saying
It is incredibly unfair to people in general that when we make minor jokes, we get days to months to permanent mutes, yet people who do the same thing get zero punishment because its "a good thing that they did that," or "they were trying to help us." they werent, they never are, and yet you dont punish them,
So to recap quickly. We have discussed some things in the first part, regarding a few instances of this. In the second I dived into the diversity of Diamondfire being LGBTQ+ which I have nothing against. And in this post We discussed the more recent events. Whether I make a 4th part is entirely unknown at this point, however if you have anything you would like to share, feel free to do so below, other than that. For now, I thank you for reading this long thread. Once again I want to make it clear This is by no means a hostile attack or any form of hatred towards any staff member in particular, this is just how I feel and seeing as we all have the right to freedom of speech, I do not think of this as anything other than criticism or rather insight as to how I feel about this whole situation. Thank you again

- Wolfie

Francidium

Reaction score
SpamtonTheTaxMan was banned for being extremely toxic among other offenses (I've witnessed him joining plots/discord servers just to be toxic)
also what is your point with sputt time still i don't see a correlation to the staff team whatsoever
also I remember watching the mod who banned spamtonthetaxman ban him and it was pretty obvious he was using visiblebarriers
so far most of the people (including yourself) who have tried to make points against the staff team got banned for one reason or another (and usually it's deserved)

Cypherics

Reaction score
SpamtonTheTaxMan was banned for being extremely toxic among other offenses (I've witnessed him joining plots/discord servers just to be toxic)
also what is your point with sputt time still i don't see a correlation to the staff team whatsoever
also I remember watching the mod who banned spamtonthetaxman ban him and it was pretty obvious he was using visiblebarriers
so far most of the people (including yourself) who have tried to make points against the staff team got banned for one reason or another (and usually it's deserved)
I question if you have actually fully read these past posts... look again

Top Bottom