• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Creator Points Removal Test (Patch 5.3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

Something we've been thinking about a lot is: is the creator points system good for DF? Way back when I added CP I was inspired by competitive online games and figured such a framework could be adapted to DF. As time has gone on though, it seems increasingly out of place in a creative and learning-focused environment. When you play a competitive online game, you expect competitive systems that compare you against other players. On a creative platform, you don’t expect that, and the existence of such a system honestly feels kind of forced.

I posed this question to many of you in the suggestions server, and the responses were overwhelmingly in favor of trying out the removal of the creator points system. As such, we will be disabling creator points for about 1 month, after which we'll either bring back CP or move on without it. During this time, you will not gain or lose any CP.

In place of creator points, we're looking to provide some more fun stats for you to measure the success of your plots (such as total unique joins, total play time, and average play time). We've started tracking these stats in Patch 5.3.5. Thank you all for your support as we try this out!

Synsao

Emperor
Reaction score
Hello all!

Something we've been thinking about a lot is: is the creator points system good for DF? Way back when I added CP I was inspired by competitive online games and figured such a framework could be adapted to DF. As time has gone on though, it seems increasingly out of place in a creative and learning-focused environment. When you play a competitive online game, you expect competitive systems that compare you against other players. On a creative platform, you don’t expect that, and the existence of such a system honestly feels kind of forced.

I posed this question to many of you in the suggestions server, and the responses were overwhelmingly in favor of trying out the removal of the creator points system. As such, we will be disabling creator points for about 1 month, after which we'll either bring back CP or move on without it. During this time, you will not gain or lose any CP.

In place of creator points, we're looking to provide some more fun stats for you to measure the success of your plots (such as total unique joins, total play time, and average play time). We've started tracking these stats in Patch 5.3.5. Thank you all for your support as we try this out!
Tbh i liked having a green Diamond next to My name but CP was just stressful

JustSticky

Overlord
Reaction score
It kinda gave me a reason to make plots, now I just make them for fun instead of for CP... Which is fine

TechStreet

Overlord
Reaction score
when required. This preserves you effort and your employees of the unnecessary hassle.
This post is over 2 years old and has happened already, please don’t go talking on old posts please thank you ❤️

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
also, looking back at this, i was thinking of like

you have a reputation and your reputation effects how much the owner gets CP, but looking back at this idea, it sucks cuz how would you rate each person's reputation without being bias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom