• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

How to show variable value in item name

FlyingPig525

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a price that goes up every time you buy it but the variable value doesn't display in the item name, im using %var(name)

Solution
I'm trying to create a price that goes up every time you buy it but the variable value doesn't display in the item name, im using %var(name)
Unfortunately, % codes like %default, %var and %math don't work in item names directly, you need to use Set Variable: Set Item Name
1670065501714.png
To do it, put a variable in the 1st slot, preferably a LOCAL one (since we will use the item named that specific value only once), in the 2nd slot put your item and in the 3rd slot put the %var(name) text, now you can use the variable instead of the item in stuff like Give Item, Show Inventory, Set Inventory Item and basically anything that accepts items :D

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Unfortunately, % codes like %default, %var and %math don't work in item names directly, you need to use Set Variable: Set Item Name
1670065501714.png
To do it, put a variable in the 1st slot, preferably a LOCAL one (since we will use the item named that specific value only once), in the 2nd slot put your item and in the 3rd slot put the %var(name) text, now you can use the variable instead of the item in stuff like Give Item, Show Inventory, Set Inventory Item and basically anything that accepts items :D

Solution

FlyingPig525

Reaction score
View attachment 1904
Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom