• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Limitations on RGB text for DF

whovian010

Reaction score
After I learned that colored text can be created on DiamondFire using &x&#&#&#&#&#&#, I decided I wanted a really long string of rainbow text. If it was as easy as just typing the right codes in chat, I wouldn't be making this post, but because of minecraft's max chat length, you can only do so many colors (each hex code would take 15 characters including the character that gets colored.) After that I decided I might be able to take a text variable item, edit its nbt in singleplayer and import it using saved toolbars. As far as I can tell, that is not possible since using /get in singleplayer deletes the plugin data. I am still going to work on getting the rainbow text on a "normal" item as it should be possible to use excel to generate a /get command, and then I can probably use variables to make use of it in other ways. Are there other text limitations on df? Is something in my list not a limitation?

Here is a bullet list of the ones I can think of:
-illegal characters (some space chars kick you from the server)
-max chat length
-1.16 colored text in minecraft does not match the actual color of the hex code
-plugin data deletion
-too much saved toolbar data = big lag

Top Bottom