• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Regarding my recent controversy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbaconbro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Hello everyone who will read this. nobody at all who even uses df forums anymore

I have made this thread to explain my wrongful conduct within DFcord, and hopefully de-escalate tensions. Here goes...

It was wrong for me to explode out in outrage over the smallest inconvenience, with regard to identity politics, and with regard to potentially, if not flat-out, transphobic remarks. If you were offended by my statements, I hereby apologize. What I did in these messages has done more harm than good, and I should have held my tongue (or more rather my keyboard) back.

I also do want to talk about harassment targeted at me specifically, whether or not people intentionally try to stoke outrage from me or ask me my opinions on specific persons (especially conservative political pundits), along with privately DMing me results from the 2022 Midterm Elections and clowning on me just for my political beliefs. I know this may sound hypocritical, coming from a guy who has said some rather nasty things, but this sets a dangerous precedent. Even if a member of an opposing view started to radically spout out outrage and openly incite conflict, I wouldn't wish this onto anybody who would do so from now on.

Now, regarding my beliefs... That isn't important. The real issue is that I took them to extreme measures when I shouldn't have. You may still be up in arms about this, and I still would respect your right to be as such (this is a forum after all), but I offer this simple admission of guilt to lower the temperature of discourse.

TL:DR: I'm sorry, I was wrong, I apologize, please don't kill me.

This will not be up forever, take your screenshots now so you can frame me later when I make another mistake like this. I openly encourage it. /srs.

- Sincerely, superbaconbro

Qxeii

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ok

Last edited:

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hello, this is Ashial.
Thank you for apologizing for your remarks, they were completely unacceptable and harmful but I'm glad you see that now.
I am not aware of people DMing you about political beliefs, personally I don't see why someone would do that, I believe that common respect and equal treatment of minority groups should ideally transcend politics (wishful thinking). I don't think I can ever understand why transgenderism has become such a divisive topic recently, we just want to be treated with respect and live in society without discrimination. I'm proud and pleased to say that the world is becoming more and more accepting of LGBTQ+ members (and also furries!), but those who oppose us for insignificant or false reasons are loud and clear, especially here in Texas, and it's mentally draining.

For the future, please keep in mind that the LGBTQ+ community already receives a lot of harassment and intimidation from family members, online discourse, and governments, and that crime rates against us is disproportionately high. Imagine if ~30% of your online interactions outside of DF are met with people writing essays about why you're a bad person and don't deserve rights, and imagine being intimidated and threatened at school. Well that's my life and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
I'm not here to dictate what you should believe as you've feared in the past, but if you hold transphobic views, keep them to yourself in the future, we already go through enough. We want to live our lives, not live in fear and argue about our existence 24/7, so please don't make this an issue again.

PhoenixFire18

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
[message deleted]
Account created 2 minutes before this post, and this is it’s only post. You’re clearly somebody who knows that what they are saying is wrong and hateful, but instead of keeping your views to yourself, you create a new account to avoid the consequences of your actions. You seem to be the one suffering from a skill issue, specifically a lack of intelligence. 🤓 status achieved.

superbaconbro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
i have no affiliation with Jeremaste, let the records show if he did have affiliation with me (or if he was my alt) he would have dev permissions on Battle Box.

Even after my initial controversy, within the 5 or 6 days since I openly discouraged argument...

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
If you're so big and mighty then say it on your main account instead of creating an alt specifically to harass people and hiding your identity.

Nevermind, it's not even an alt. You actually just created an account to say this lmfao, you're so pathetic.
trashoflevillage uses forums 😍
that's funny :D

superbaconbro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
TL:DR oh hi thanks for checking in, i'm still a piece of garbage.
Also I like how the only person with a sincere response was the person I legit spent this whole controversy arguing with.

PhoenixFire18

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
TL:DR oh hi thanks for checking in, i'm still a piece of garbage.
Also I like how the only person with a sincere response was the person I legit spent this whole controversy arguing with.
You’ve apologized, now move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom