• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Remixes

BouncyBonBon

Reaction score
I have a suggestion for a new way to make games: Remixing! Scratch have a very similar idea to this but it's not directly the same: essentially, you can 'remix' a game in the menu by like right clicking it and selecting remix, then you get sent to your plot which is an exact copy of the game you remixed, free for you to manipulate as you like so you can make your own... lets say parkour courses using the code of someone else. When published it will show up with a big green (or any other color) [REMIX] infront of it's name, along with when you join a piece of text you can click to go to the original.

This will make it easy to take a game you really enjoy and tweak it to your liking, for example: I love the game 'Grappling Hook Playground' but want more levels to play around in using the mechanics of it, so what if I were to remix it and build a new course to mess around in, therefore getting my idea and also crediting the original!

I understand that this would require A LOT of code to function and might ruin what the staff's vision of DiamondFire is. (idk what that is but still) But please do consider it as I doubt the community wouldn't enjoy it. Thank you for reading through this and I hope you have a good day.

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
that's a nice idea but there is a problem...
what if someone remixes a plot, saves the templates then clear it and place the templates, that way it won't say remix (and scratch has the same problem too)

BouncyBonBon

Reaction score
that's a nice idea but there is a problem...
what if someone remixes a plot, saves the templates then clear it and place the templates, that way it won't say remix (and scratch has the same problem too)
Make the 'remix' part of the code imbedded in it, so even if you use the template its counted as a remix

Top Bottom