• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Sputt Time: The Necessary Evil

Good afternoon. There are those on DiamondFire from both sides on the matter of whether or not Sputt Time is bad. I, for one, think it's bad and don't understand people who play it. However, I will tell you why it's good that it exists. Sputt Time, though created to be a fun experience for hundreds of players, has become a pastime for many trolls. I mean, just look at the messages that some players send while on Sputt Time. I won't name names, of course.
However, it needs to exist. Look at the most severe of these trolls. How often do they leave Sputt Time? Not very often. I actually messaged to Sputt- and he said, to paraphrase, that Sputt Time was a good thing to keep trolls in. And you can see these psychological bits of Sputt Time that contribute to it being a troll heaven. The incremental points system, for example. You gain them so slowly, yet you lose them all and have to start over when you die. Yet, there's one place, one specific place where you can get more. The trolls love guarding that, and they love the feel of making somebody lose everything. Or what about the distinct power dynamic between a player at the end of upgrades and a new player? A new player is in no position to bargain with the veteran player, and the veteran will probably kill them for the miniscule amount of money just to make them lose everything. You find all of that on few other plots, which is why trolls play Sputt Time more than anything. Basically, all of that is why Sputt Time is a necessary evil. Perhaps, one day, somebody can make a plot that mimics the psychology that Sputt Time employs, and the server will be even safer due to the smaller amount of trolls outside Sputt Time and this hypothetical plot.

Last edited:

TheDabCab2

Reaction score
As a sputt time player, I consider myself to be one of the kindest people on sputt time, and I can confirm there are far too many trolls in this game... If sputt is a jail for trolls than I consider myself a warden, allowing myself to be trolled upon to keep the evils sealed inside the game that is sputt time. Also I wish there was a version of sputt time that was only fighting against monsters instead of ppl bc I really love the fishing, farming, and class mechanics!

TheDabCab2

Reaction score
As a sputt time player, I consider myself to be one of the kindest people on sputt time, and I can confirm there are far too many trolls in this game... If sputt is a jail for trolls than I consider myself a warden, allowing myself to be trolled upon to keep the evils sealed inside the game that is sputt time. Also I wish there was a version of sputt time that was only fighting against monsters instead of ppl bc I really love the fishing, farming, and class mechanics!
Also I did make an account just to reply to this comment don't judge me I got on bc of the DDOS attacks on sputt

Cypherics

Reaction score
Good afternoon. There are those on DiamondFire from both sides on the matter of whether or not Sputt Time is bad. I, for one, think it's bad and don't understand people who play it. However, I will tell you why it's good that it exists. Sputt Time, though created to be a fun experience for hundreds of players, has become a pastime for many trolls. I mean, just look at the messages that some players send while on Sputt Time. I won't name names, of course.
However, it needs to exist. Look at the most severe of these trolls. How often do they leave Sputt Time? Not very often. I actually messaged to Sputt- and he said, to paraphrase, that Sputt Time was a good thing to keep trolls in. And you can see these psychological bits of Sputt Time that contribute to it being a troll heaven. The incremental points system, for example. You gain them so slowly, yet you lose them all and have to start over when you die. Yet, there's one place, one specific place where you can get more. The trolls love guarding that, and they love the feel of making somebody lose everything. Or what about the distinct power dynamic between a player at the end of upgrades and a new player? A new player is in no position to bargain with the veteran player, and the veteran will probably kill them for the miniscule amount of money just to make them lose everything. You find all of that on few other plots, which is why trolls play Sputt Time more than anything. Basically, all of that is why Sputt Time is a necessary evil. Perhaps, one day, somebody can make a plot that mimics the psychology that Sputt Time employs, and the server will be even safer due to the smaller amount of trolls outside Sputt Time and this hypothetical plot.
as someone who also covered this topic, welcome to the party, you're not he first.

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
trolls will be jailed for psychological harm

Mipoxa

Mythic
Reaction score
o7

Reaction score
I really like the classes and would love a version of the game that is just a sandbox version where u can mess around without a point system, or at least without losing them on death

Top Bottom