• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Website suggestion

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
there is a dark mode, the setting should be in the bottom left of the page

1677602053461.png

GeorgeRNG

Reaction score
me when real obscure (me using extension for dark mode (it actually looks good))

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
I'll try to finish it for you guys soon :) slammed with life at the moment but I will make time to roll it out so the web admins can publish it. Current themes are listed here

If anyone wants to help contribute to the theme, feel free to let me know! I haven't accessed any DiamondFire content in ages but I believe I still have a local installation on a drive somewhere that I used for updates. You'll need experience with CSS, front-end experience in web development preferred but not required & and you probably won't need a local xenforo installation or anything as I'll offer credentials for accessing an existing installation

Last edited:

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I'll try to finish it for you guys soon :) slammed with life at the moment but I will make time to roll it out so the web admins can publish it. Current themes are listed here

If anyone wants to help contribute to the theme, feel free to let me know! I haven't accessed any DiamondFire content in ages but I believe I still have a local installation on a drive somewhere that I used for updates. You'll need experience with CSS, front-end experience in web development preferred but not required & and you probably won't need a local xenforo installation or anything as I'll offer credentials for accessing an existing installation
I wouldn't mind contributing but I have no knowledge about XenForo

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind contributing but I have no knowledge about XenForo
I can send you some documentation if you're interested! :) it's pretty straightforward but the main basis is that web themes are called templates, and the admin dashboard allows you to view all of the settings/"files" for the template.
  • The template is technically one big XML file, but we don't really see that in the background and thanks to XenForo it's simplified because you can sift through the different components and change the values.
  • XenForo has a palette editor which grabs variables from the template so you can globally change things with ease, however the template has a lot of "hardcoded" values - thanks to the author - which is the biggest challenge, and means you have to find the component and manually alter the value (or set it as a variable that references a color).
  • We find the class names by using inspect element to discover what parts of the website are referenced, and search that within the dashboard and basically alter the values.
  • All of this is done in the dashboard, and you can save your changes to instantly update what you see on the website

If interested feel free to DM me here and I can kind of guide you through the hoops, or we can probably chat on discord. It's a pretty easy process, just rather slow and annoying because there are a lot of different components that you will have to modify and save

Last edited:
Top Bottom