• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

why is melon king good

qorple

Reaction score
I wanna know what’s good about melon king. But god almighty I don’t wanna play it.

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
its good because there pvp is enabled and people who already started playing have better gear than those who just joined 5 seconds ago thus creating a hierarchy and people love to watch other people suffer so the king can just abuse things to kill people as the game is unbalanced and people who have already grinded gear can spam kill new people as there is no protection and they cannot fight back as they lose their stuff on death making it very easy to abuse your preexisting power

tldr people like abusing unbalanced gameplay

(this is of course not supposed to be taken seriously but like there are some points that i somewhat agree with)

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
It's mostly because large scale multiplayer games tend to be a lot more popular than singleplayer games, especially those where there's a lot of communication. Most players come play DiamondFire to have fun and play with others, which is why games like Melon King tend to be very appealing.

MineOrDie_

Overlord
Reaction score
It's mostly because large scale multiplayer games tend to be a lot more popular than singleplayer games, especially those where there's a lot of communication.
That's something I don't undertand actually:
1. Whenever someone makes large scale multiplayer games: *gets 1 to 3 players* -> not enough players
2. Whenever someone makes singleplayer games: *gets 4 - 10 players then back to 0* -> should've been multiplier

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
Most players come play DiamondFire to have fun and play with others, which is why games like Melon King tend to be very appealing.
King plots also tend to be pretty simple. A majority of the DF community is made up of children (ik this is a common thing to say but you can not deny it) so they would prefer easier to learn games rather than complicated/harder ones.

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
1. Whenever someone makes large scale multiplayer games: *gets 1 to 3 players* -> not enough players
The harsh truth is that sometimes those games aren't good enough. With multiplayer games, you need to get a lot of initial players and retain those players so that people can actually play your game. Without a good game that has replayability, not many people will play your plot.

2. Whenever someone makes singleplayer games: *gets 4 - 10 players then back to 0* -> should've been multiplier
Singleplayer plots tend (not always) to not have a lot of replayability. While this definitely isn't a bad thing, in order to keep those players invested and playing your games you need some well-done aspect of replayability.

King plots also tend to be pretty simple. A majority of the DF community is made up of children (ik this is a common thing to say but you can not deny it) so they would prefer easier to learn games rather than complicated/harder ones.
While this is true in part, you have to keep in mind that not many people want to actually put in the effort to learn a complicated game. Often times I will join a game with no introduction or tutorial, and just leave since I know that there are other games I can play that will allow me to get started immediately. This isn't necassarilly a bad thing, and I have played complicated plots without a tutorial that were fun right off the bat, and simple games that weren't fun, however these types of plots are quite rare.

Zyborg

Forum adept
Reaction score
its good because there pvp is enabled and people who already started playing have better gear than those who just joined 5 seconds ago thus creating a hierarchy and people love to watch other people suffer so the king can just abuse things to kill people as the game is unbalanced and people who have already grinded gear can spam kill new people as there is no protection and they cannot fight back as they lose their stuff on death making it very easy to abuse your preexisting power

tldr people like abusing unbalanced gameplay

(this is of course not supposed to be taken seriously but like there are some points that i somewhat agree with)
I don't agree. The good people kill the king and stay off the new people. Then the people who kill the king and get it just don't care about king and leave after the old king rage quits. idk i guess the new people get bored and decide to copy the anarchy king-killers, or they just try to do something to stop them. also the king-killers can grind trophies by killing the king then getting even some progress then getting killed. the trophies give them buffs and coins to be op so they could actually play as king if they get bored of killing the king all the time.

MineOrDie_

Overlord
Reaction score
text about replayability
Yeah you're right replayability has a huge factor in retaining players, melon king doesn't have any replayability tho: you just start from 0 doing the same thing once king dies

titedog

Reaction score
The majority of people just prefer simple plots over complex plots (at least from what I've experienced).

LooserRIP

Notorious member
Overlord
Reaction score
No, it's not "simple > complex" for most players.
It's like food; complex taste is amazing but only when you want it, but comforting simple food can just hit you in the right spots sometimes.
for example you'd love to play an amazing, immersive puzzle game sometime and it'll give you a great experience but when you're tired and you just feel like playing a mindlessly fun game you'd play melon king or some other thing. Simple games done right are masterpieces. And there's plenty of things we can learn from creators that make them, like Lusacan1 or SomethingWrong.

LooserRIP

Notorious member
Overlord
Reaction score
he just gets bored lol

it really is

no it's not lol

also lusacan1 knows what players want more than a lot of other plot creators, if so many df players hate him yet he still has a great playerbase that play his game regularly then yeah he's doing something right.

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
no it's not lol

also lusacan1 knows what players want more than a lot of other plot creators, if so many df players hate him yet he still has a great playerbase that play his game regularly then yeah he's doing something right.
it is, lusacan has also told me multiple times that he just gets bored because he loses motivation fast on his big project

LooserRIP

Notorious member
Overlord
Reaction score
it is, lusacan has also told me multiple times that he just gets bored because he loses motivation fast on his big project
i never said he doesnt get bored, but i'm just saying he knows what players like more than other plot creators do.

Top Bottom