• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Chunks not being loaded on a Large Plot

Melkior

Reaction score
Currently working on a game on a large plot that teleports you from different locations, at vastly different y levels (from lobby to game cell). The lobby is quite high up, very close to the build limit, while the game area is level with the border of the plot.

The current issue I'm having is that chunks will not be loaded unless walked up to (Pictures included) , which really breaks the immersion in the lobby, and when a player gets teleported into one of these unloaded chunks in the game area, they get stuck and can't do anything. It seems to be tied to which part of the game I join first, Dev or Build, and then going into Play, which changes what chunks are loaded where.

Is there any workaround that will allow me to keep chunks loaded, so when a player gets teleported into the game, they don't get put in an unloaded chunk, and so I can keep the full lobby loaded in.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Cell Clipping 2.png
    Cell Clipping 2.png
    576.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Lobby Clipping 2.png
    Lobby Clipping 2.png
    799.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Lobby Clipping.png
    Lobby Clipping.png
    726.3 KB · Views: 5

Melkior

Reaction score
I have Overlord rank, I think it might just be the fact that I go from Dev to Play, since it works fine if I leave and then join Play.

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Hm I think there's some limitations unfortunately with how chunk loading works on the client and server side of things. Like the client, the server also has it's own limited render distance for standard performance reasons, so your client won't be able to exceed the server's limit and that's what makes it a challenge. And nah ranks do not affect natural chunk loading, it's a fixed server-side chunk render limit

I'd like to see the plot though if that's okay, maybe I can offer some suggestions if I can get a better look. Is there a plot ID I can join? Also, for when you are teleported in an unloaded chunk- how long does it typically take for the chunk to load?

Top Bottom