• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

frog bog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sluds was looking for a reason to ban him. Tiberius doesn't deserve to be banned. He shouldn't be banned because he has a reputation, but for something he specifically did. People can have bad reputations, but not break a single rule, should they really be banned? Reputation is a perception, an opinion, you are saying he was banned for opinion.

Rule 0.3a Moderators reserve the right to punish any behavior that is harmful to the server and/or its community, even if it is not explicitly disallowed by these rules.

Also, Yes, he had a reputation, but do you know what else he had? and extensive punishment history. I don't doubt that the ban may have been a little opinionated, but it was explicitly in his rights to make that call after having warned him so many times

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Rule 0.3a Moderators reserve the right to punish any behavior that is harmful to the server and/or its community, even if it is not explicitly disallowed by these rules.

Also, Yes, he had a reputation, but do you know what else he had? and extensive punishment history. I don't doubt that the ban may have been a little opinionated, but it was explicitly in his rights to make that call after having warned him so many times
I think it was very opinionated if he was encouraged by others in the voice call. If it was really that big of an issue at that given moment, sluds should've asked another mod who had less bias to handle it, not perm ban him.

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
this rule is absolute crap and can be exploited EASILY

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it was very opinionated if he was encouraged by others in the voice call. If it was really that big of an issue at that given moment, sluds should've asked another mod who had less bias to handle it, not perm ban him.
The topic should not be what he should have done, everyone makes mistakes. The topic should be if the ban was justified, and I think it was, for the same reasons listed above. at the end of the day it doesn't matter how or why he was banned, but did he cross the line enough to warrant the ban, and I think he did cross the line. and even then, the incident was handled privately shortly after.

this rule is absolute crap and can be exploited EASILY
how? if someone does something hurtful to the community it says, it's right there in the rule.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
that "rule" exists on every platform. discord also has a line in their terms of service stating that they can delete your account at any time if they feel to do so. its only used in cases where the existing rules do not cover a specific edge case
That rule was exploited in the banning of Tiberius though, they disliked Tib and their biased opinion was that his behavior was harmful to the server/community. When he was banned it was quickly handled by another moderator who clearly saw the same problem with Tib's ban. The ban was sudden and unwarranted. The rule allows mods to make poor decisions.

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That rule was exploited in the banning of Tiberius though, they disliked Tib and their biased opinion was that his behavior was harmful to the server/community. When he was banned it was quickly handled by another moderator who clearly saw the same problem with Tib's ban. The ban was sudden and unwarranted. The rule allows mods to make poor decisions.

He was literally breaking a rule as they banned him... this wasn't a punishment for no reason...

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
He was literally breaking a rule as they banned him... this wasn't a punishment for no reason...
What rule? From what I remember he simply critiqued a plot, and it was considered pushing the limits. EDIT: I looked at old discord messaged and I think I was right about what rule he was banned for. I was not online at the time, but to my knowledge he was criticizing a plot, which is allowed, if he was toxic about it, and had enough active warns, I would agree he should be banned, but afaik he should've at most gotten a mute. I could be missing information, but Sluds did apologize so I assume I am right and he did do nothing to call for a ban.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
The rule was not used to ban Tiberius. Sluds acted early in a scenario completely unrelated to 0.3a and apologized for the incident. case closed.
we are all humans, we all do mistakes. there is zero need to keep on bringing up old things to try and prove a point.
The rule was brought up to defend him, so I assume that was what sluds told people. I said we do all make mistakes, but I think that it was really bad that a group of people got someone banned so easily, despite doing nothing that called for a perm ban.

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What rule, from what I remember he simply critiqued a plot, and it was considered pushing the limits.

I wasn't there at the time, but I have been told not only by members of the bog but other moderators involved that it was borderline rule 1.3b infringement.

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
This was internally resolved if it's any consolation, and I was apart of the discussion. We don't often announce these discussions because it's not like we want to shame anyone and we make mistakes, hence why it might seem we don't do anything about it, but I promise that we take the time to make sure people improve and become a great moderator. People make mistakes, and we continue to try and thrive as a team. Not everyone is perfect, but I'm glad to say this has been resolved and thoroughly discussed. :smile:

The community can definitely get to people unfortunately, it's gotten to me a few times, and that's the toll that the role can bring on people y'know? Working as a team is the best thing we can do after all. It's hard to bounce the background noise the community can bring, but we are all improving as a team. The new Trial Mod program and the SrMod addition is proof of this. But yeah, wanted to mention this.

Last edited:

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
This was internally resolved if it's any consolation. People make mistakes, and we continue to try and thrive as a team. Not everyone is perfect, but I'm glad to say this has been resolved and thoroughly discussed. :smile:
I agree 100%, I kinda thought there was some resolution, I assume then that it will never happen again, I just have no way of knowing 100% if the members of frog bog are trustworthy, as you have former members saying they aren't, and current members saying they are. I enjoy this server, but it's concerning to me that its members cannot know for sure which staff members to trust. I feel that sluds should be forgiven for that specific incident, but I am concerned as to what other decisions have been unfairly made by frog bog. I do not know for sure so I do not want to make accusations, but I have heard from a couple trusted people how bad the nepotism is, which I am starting to realize they may be right.

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree 100%, I kinda thought there was some resolution, I assume then that it will never happen again, I just have no way of knowing 100% if the members of frog bog are trustworthy, as you have former members saying they aren't, and current members saying they are. I enjoy this server, but it's concerning to me that its members cannot know for sure which staff members to trust. I feel that sluds should be forgiven for that specific incident, but I am concerned as to what other decisions have been unfairly made by frog bog. I do not know for sure so I do not want to make accusations, but I have heard from a couple trusted people how bad the nepotism is, which I am starting to realize they may be right.
I can tell you that the former members have had transgressions with the bog because of a past incident that caused a huge ban wave down to only a couple people. I don't wanna say publicly what the incident was, that's up to @duwusty to say, but I can guarantee you none of the frog bog members, (atleast to my knowledge) have intentionally done anything that should warrant the dissolvement of the server.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I can tell you that the former members have had transgressions with the bog because of a past incident that caused a huge ban wave down to only a couple people. I don't wanna say publicly what the incident was, that's up to @duwusty to say, but I can guarantee you none of the frog bog members, (atleast to my knowledge) have intentionally done anything that should warrant the dissolvement of the server.
I do not believe the server should be dissolved completely, but I believe what goes on in it may be harmful to the community. There is definitely more I do not know, and I will admit, my view could be totally wrong, but with what I have seen thus far, I believe its members should be monitored more closely.

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
I'm typing this out through chrome remote desktop while in school so bare my awful typing for a moment.

I will admit, the decision to ban tib by sluds very hasty and not very well thought out. Ref mentioned that the trial mod system is supposed to help with this and tib was already unbanned shortly after the ban. Live and learn.

Another thing dust pointed out was that we talk about people behind their backs. I'm not saying this justifies it, but *every* private friend group does that. We're teens, obviously, we're going to talk about people we don't like. We sometimes get overwhelmed, stressed, and/or frustrated with other people's actions (something I'm sure you're aware of, dust) and we need somewhere to let off steam. frog bog is a nice place to do that because we're all friends and supportive of each other. We don't ever let these emotions surrounding these people control how we act in a more serious spot, such as a public forum.

Taking in account what everyone else has said as well, I think you should see that we're not a hostile group and we're not connected to DiamondFire. The only reason frog bog is talked about in DF is because of the controversy this post originally addressed. Max already replied to your stance on the "nepotism" as well.

If you have any further questions, please ask.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I would also like to say that I think the admin is taking a big step in the right direction making jr mod applications public, and making jr mod a trial mod with a mentor. This better helps see who is fit for the role, train those who are, and find those who are.

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Could not agree more with frog's response here. This entire situation is being blown out of proportion and people need to understand that frog bog consists of mainly teens.

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I do not believe the server should be dissolved completely, but I believe what goes on in it may be harmful to the community. There is definitely more I do not know, and I will admit, my view could be totally wrong, but with what I have seen thus far, I believe its members should be monitored more closely.
And thats completely fair, though ryanroo has said in the past, and also very recently that the admins consider bias and nepotism when choosing jrhelpers. There are plenty of people frog has pushed for promotion in the past that don't even get accepted. Point is, we're all tired of the drama and we only want to be left alone. which is why frog made this post, to clear the air surrounding the server and trying to be as transparent as possible without revealing personal info.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
We're teens, obviously, we're going to talk about people we don't like.
I agree, I just feel it should be kept out of the moderation decisions.
we're not a hostile group and we're not connected to DiamondFire
I do not feel that it itself is connected to DF, but many of the people in it are, which is why it is such a concern in the DF community.
Ref mentioned that the trial mod system is supposed to help with this and tib was already unbanned shortly after the ban
I just addressed that the trial mod system is great, it is very helpful and fixes a few problems in the staff team.

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
we need somewhere to let off steam.
From experience with the bog tho, it's not always the best idea to let it out in an area full of people if it's hostile or attacking.. I just don't want to be involved in anything like it again; we all get frustrated, but people need to learn that actions have consequences. Any negative talk, I would probably bring it into DMs because it can be transferred around like a water stream. This was never really addressed on my side unfortunately.

And yeah I agree with Vulcanowo. If there's any issues, you can talk to a staff manager. This goes to everyone, they are here for you so you can address any concerns :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom