• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

frog bog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
And thats completely fair, though ryanroo has said in the past, and also very recently that the admins consider bias and nepotism when choosing jrhelpers. There are plenty of people frog has pushed for promotion in the past that don't even get accepted. Point is, we're all tired of the drama and we only want to be left alone. which is why frog made this post, to clear the air surrounding the server and trying to be as transparent as possible without revealing personal info.
I do not believe it affects who gets staff as much as other problems. It could be an influence, but I have seen nothing but evidence against that claim.

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I do not believe it affects who gets staff as much as other problems. It could be an influence, but I have seen nothing but evidence against that claim.
context is everything. ryanroo had explained his exact thought process when choosing people for promotion in another thread. And besides, expert does not have enough power as a role to stay the entire staff promotion system in favor of a particular group. As I said previously, there are people in the bog who have been trying to get JrH for months.

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
In my experiences, we have only let our opinions dictate an important decision like that once, which was the tib210 ban. Clearly, we were in the wrong. We won't do that again, and instead will just vent/rant to each other to make sure those negative emotions are kept in control. Some of us are more comfortable with each other than others, and I'd rather them rant to us about their issues than let it dissolve them.

EDIT: spelling

Last edited:

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
This has already been addressed, I would only believe it if frogqy were an admin
there's also the fact that after ryanland gets promoted, mudkip and dfidentity get promoted

going with the nepotism logic

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
as a side note to add on to what I've said here, I try to be as supportive as I can to frog bog members. They're my closest friends (other than my irl ones) and I openly encourage them to talk to us if they feel stressed/down/frustrated or whatever they're feeling. The part that makes me mad is when people take screenshots of these conversations (and sometimes outbursts) out of context and use it to hurt the reputation of the other frog bog members. I've already cut the frog bog down to about 20 members (and only 10 of them are active on both df and frog bog).

I'm tired of people gossiping about us because of some things we did wrong that we already fixed. I'm tired of people telling lies about us over out-of-context snips. I'm tired of people faking being my friend just so they can get into the bog. I just want to put into the spotlight here that its controversies are oftentimes completely untrue or based on contextless screenshots. I wish I never made anything about the server public in the first place.

EDIT: Here's a direct copy of something I have in pins in the main channel talking about encouraging them:
"and you know what? that goes for @everyone, seriously if you need someone to talk to I'm free like all the time, and I'm sure other people wouldn't mind taking some time to talk to you, either." (circa May 22)

"@everyone 7 months later and that top pin still stands (and forever will stand). If you ever need someone to talk to, just about everyone in the frog bog has their dm's open for you to talk to. we also have #venting if you don't mind it being public within the frog bog.

also, please do not share anything inside of #venting to anyone outside of the frog bog (unless given permission by the poster or you are the poster). that's personal stuff that they've trusted us with and I'd rather that not happen.

love you guys!" (circa December 3)

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
there's also the fact that after ryanland gets promoted, mudkip and dfidentity get promoted

going with the nepotism logic
Do you think there's nepotism, I thought you didn't? I didn't know they were in frog bog?

qorple

Reaction score
I disagree.. Tib has had a reputation for toxicity and staying on the edge of the rules for a while now. I wasn't there when it happened, but I know that they were encouraging sluds do ban him because they were encouraging the moderator to moderate. it wasn't just "tib bad" it was a punishment of a member who has shown time and time again he doesn't respect the rules. Though I'm not a moderator so take what I say with a side of salt.
So I could be banned right now regardless if I broke any rules today. Or for the past month week etc. Just because I’ve been on the edge and you decided you don’t like me it’s your job to beg your friends to ban me. I don’t like the fact that this is what the logic is. You can’t justify the actions when we have not one but TWO, witnesses who heard the whole thing. This is part of the reason I really disliked it in the first place. There was never any accountability or apologetics. It’s all just justification based off of irrelevant experiences. Just like the reason you guys banned tib. If you were not there, don’t talk about it! You can’t say that x murderer didn’t murder the dude because you were telepathically there but not there physically. Yes I know, they are your friends, I’m not saying to demote / ban or try to call you guys out as bad people. This simply isn’t ok.

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So I could be banned right now regardless if I broke any rules today. Or for the past month week etc. Just because I’ve been on the edge and you decided you don’t like me it’s your job to beg your friends to ban me. I don’t like the fact that this is what the logic is. You can’t justify the actions when we have not one but TWO, witnesses who heard the whole thing. This is part of the reason I really disliked it in the first place. There was never any accountability or apologetics. It’s all just justification based off of irrelevant experiences. Just like the reason you guys banned tib. If you were not there, don’t talk about it! You can’t say that x murderer didn’t murder the dude because you were telepathically there but not there physically. Yes I know, they are your friends, I’m not saying to demote / ban or try to call you guys out as bad people. This simply isn’t ok.
I talked to sluds about it earlier today, and we weren't on the same page. sluds acted on impulse on a minor detail, and not as a broken rule. However, I would encourage mods to ban you if you had broken a rule, because you have been on edge for a long time... thats how moderation works, thats how it has worked, and thats how it should work.

1pe

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
as a side note to add on to what I've said here, I try to be as supportive as I can to frog bog members. They're my closest friends (other than my irl ones) and I openly encourage them to talk to us if they feel stressed/down/frustrated or whatever they're feeling. The part that makes me mad is when people take screenshots of these conversations (and sometimes outbursts) out of context and use it to hurt the reputation of the other frog bog members. I've already cut the frog bog down to about 20 members (and only 10 of them are active on both df and frog bog).

I'm tired of people gossiping about us because of some things we did wrong that we already fixed. I'm tired of people telling lies about us over out-of-context snips. I'm tired of people faking being my friend just so they can get into the bog. I just want to put into the spotlight here that its controversies are oftentimes completely untrue or based on contextless screenshots. I wish I never made anything about the server public in the first place.

EDIT: Here's a direct copy of something I have in pins in the main channel talking about encouraging them:
"and you know what? that goes for @everyone, seriously if you need someone to talk to I'm free like all the time, and I'm sure other people wouldn't mind taking some time to talk to you, either." (circa May 22)

"@everyone 7 months later and that top pin still stands (and forever will stand). If you ever need someone to talk to, just about everyone in the frog bog has their dm's open for you to talk to. we also have #venting if you don't mind it being public within the frog bog.

also, please do not share anything inside of #venting to anyone outside of the frog bog (unless given permission by the poster or you are the poster). that's personal stuff that they've trusted us with and I'd rather that not happen.

love you guys!" (circa December 3)
tis is true

qorple

Reaction score
I talked to sluds about it earlier today, and we weren't on the same page. sluds acted on impulse on a minor detail, and not as a broken rule. However, I would encourage mods to ban you if you had broken a rule, because you have been on edge for a long time... thats how moderation works, thats how it has worked, and thats how it should work.
Max, this logic is getting worse and worse, really, try to think about it but imagine if I were mod and I banned sluds because well, he’s had an extensive history in the past. You guys are saying live and learn but then when we have a history you compulsively ban us with no prior reason. This is the part that makes the people who dislike the frog bog mad.

1pe

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Max, this logic is getting worse and worse, really, try to think about it but imagine if I were mod and I banned sluds because well, he’s had an extensive history in the past. You guys are saying live and learn but then when we have a history you compulsively ban us with no prior reason. This is the part that makes the people who dislike the frog bog mad.
okay lets say you are in a friend group and your friend bans someone for that reason then you and the rest of your friends are getting hate for no reason

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I literally just said if you had broken a rule, not for no reason. Read my reply please
Edit: I also mean "in the past" as in within the month, or even week. If you show no effort to change, I'm assuming your the same. That is fair logic.

homchom

Retired Dev
Overlord
Reaction score
I've tried hard to be objective over time, and I do think the JrHelper promotion conspiracies are overplayed. However I have more than enough personal experience to know that this thread is just more gaslighting by members of the bog. The bog is a toxic place with frequent leaks and unacceptable behavior. If you speak out against it, you get banned from the server. Don't blindly believe anything any current members say about it. I normally keep these things to myself, but I do not appreciate misinformation being spread about issues that have hurt me deeply on several instances. I am not the only one I know with these beliefs. If this post upsets you, please reconsider who you associate with.

qorple

Reaction score
I literally just said if you had broken a rule, not for no reason. Read my reply please
Edit: I also mean "in the past" as in within the month, or even week. If you show no effort to change, I'm assuming your the same. That is fair logic.
the sluds thing was less than a month ago, and denial isn't really showing changes + u weren't there.

qorple

Reaction score
I've tried hard to be objective over time, and I do think the JrHelper promotion conspiracies are overplayed. However I have more than enough personal experience to know that this thread is just more gaslighting by members of the bog. The bog is a toxic place with frequent leaks and unacceptable behavior. If you speak out against it, you get banned from the server. Don't blindly believe anything any current members say about it. I normally keep these things to myself, but I do not appreciate misinformation being spread about issues that have hurt me deeply on several instances. I am not the only one I know with these beliefs. If this post upsets you, please reconsider who you associate with.
i got kicked out for making a joke that nobody liked baseballboo without realizing it was ings little brother then I apologised, frog said I was unbanned but he didn't unban me :(

trashoflevillage

Reaction score
bro I'm in frog bog why am I not staff?!?!??!?!?!? this is a joke guys not serious!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom