• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

frog bog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
I've tried hard to be objective over time, and I do think the JrHelper promotion conspiracies are overplayed. However I have more than enough personal experience to know that this thread is just more gaslighting by members of the bog. The bog is a toxic place with frequent leaks and unacceptable behavior. If you speak out against it, you get banned from the server. Don't blindly believe anything any current members say about it. I normally keep these things to myself, but I do not appreciate misinformation being spread about issues that have hurt me deeply on several instances. I am not the only one I know with these beliefs. If this post upsets you, please reconsider who you associate with.

So, let me get this straight. I've tried my best to make up with you. I directly messaged you to explain myself and apologize for everything I might've done in the past. I informed the frog bog about this to make sure they were caught up in a situation that involved them. With some bad timing, bad decisions, and misunderstanding, you blocked me. Fair enough, I wasn't being the best. I messaged you on my alt in a last-ditch effort to make things right because I don't want you hating me over some mistakes I've made. I have since directly apologized to MrAwesome, ryanroo, you, and now the entire community. You respond by... insulting us? You're accusing us of gaslighting, a form of manipulation used to make others feel bad about themselves. When did we ever do that? I'm gonna directly scrutinize each point here, because I think it's incredibly disrespectful to entirely disregard the point I'm trying to make by calling us, and I quote, "toxic," "unacceptable," and "gaslighting."

Lets start with this:
However I have more than enough personal experience to know that this thread is just more gaslighting by members of the bog.
Your experience with the frog bog is very askew. Everything you know is from contextless screenshots of people ranting (which is going to be blown out of proportion because the person ranting is overwhelmed with emotion) or making jokes (which is going to be blown out of proportion because that's how comedy works). This isn't gaslighting, I'm saying my genuine feelings along with factual info-pieces about why what has been spread about us isn't true. We have no, literally 0, ill intent, and you come on here on my thread to clear the air to say I'm gaslighting.

The bog is a toxic place with frequent leaks and unacceptable behavior.
Coming from someone who has never stepped foot in the bog? I'm assuming by frequent leaks, you mean staff-only stuff leaked to non-staff. Literal. Nonsense. I've in the past done my fair share of stupid decisions with spreading info because I didn't know that it was confidential. I refrain from doing that now and have told anyone who knows about anything that they shouldn't repeat it. I've already talked to you privately about this, and I apologized directly to you. I still don't understand what you mean by toxic or unacceptable. I can't think of a time where we did something unacceptable.

If you speak out against it, you get banned from the server.
Literally what??? This hasn't happened once. Anyone who has been banned/kicked from frog bog each had their own reason. I kicked one guy for leaking some private stuff that someone said. I kicked another because that's what the bog had agreed was the best decision for us. I kicked dozens because I'm not friends with them anymore. It's not "speak bad = ban," it's "be consistently rude or show that you don't care about us = kick". [EDIT: Also, if you've just fallen off with the friend group you can be kicked from the bog, it's not all bad things] I'm always willing to let bygones be bygones (unless you've done something atrocious lol) and become friends with someone again.

I normally keep these things to myself, but I do not appreciate misinformation being spread about issues that have hurt me deeply on several instances. I am not the only one I know with these beliefs.
What misinformation is being spread? I know of the misinformation that makes us look bad, but what misinformation are you talking about? Everything I've posted here has been true. I've tried making up with you and it didn't work because we were both in a hard spot. Controversies within and out of the bog was stressing me out and you were dealing with whatever you were dealing with.

I cannot believe you would post that after everything I've done to try to clean things up.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Everything you know is from contextless screenshots of people ranting (which is going to be blown out of proportion because the person ranting is overwhelmed with emotion) or making jokes (which is going to be blown out of proportion because that's how comedy works).
So nearly anything negative said about frog bog is blowing things out of proportion or joking?

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
So nearly anything negative said about frog bog is blowing things out of proportion or joking?
Not what I said; I said that everything he knows is from contextless screenshots of people ranting or joking.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Not what I said; I said that everything he knows is from contextless screenshots of people ranting or joking.
You are saying everything he knows is invalid, I don't know the full story, but how can you know that? I do know that I have heard from people, formerly and currently in frog bog, that it is a very toxic community.

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
PSA

Hi all! To follow the original thread's intent, be sure not to derail it past this point or it may be locked. This is to help the OP's original post stand clear from switching topics and to help prevent any flame wars. You are welcome to contact the OP in a private discussion on the forums if you'd like to continue it there. Continue to keep it civil!

Hope you understand, and thanks! :smile:

endersaltz

Reaction score
Hi all! To follow the original thread's intent, be sure not to derail it past this point or it may be locked. This is to help the OP's original post stand clear from switching topics and to help prevent any flame wars. You are welcome to contact the OP in a private discussion on the forums if you'd like to continue it there. Continue to keep it civil!
i dont understand, i'm going to start de-railing

1pe

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What most people think about the bog is false it isn't toxic and most of the time it is us joking around.

Such as ender telling me how "I know nothing"

This is purely just a group of friends in a discord server with similar mc skins

qorple

Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. I've tried my best to make up with you. I directly messaged you to explain myself and apologize for everything I might've done in the past. I informed the frog bog about this to make sure they were caught up in a situation that involved them. With some bad timing, bad decisions, and misunderstanding, you blocked me. Fair enough, I wasn't being the best. I messaged you on my alt in a last-ditch effort to make things right because I don't want you hating me over some mistakes I've made. I have since directly apologized to MrAwesome, ryanroo, you, and now the entire community. You respond by... insulting us? You're accusing us of gaslighting, a form of manipulation used to make others feel bad about themselves. When did we ever do that? I'm gonna directly scrutinize each point here, because I think it's incredibly disrespectful to entirely disregard the point I'm trying to make by calling us, and I quote, "toxic," "unacceptable," and "gaslighting."

Lets start with this:

Your experience with the frog bog is very askew. Everything you know is from contextless screenshots of people ranting (which is going to be blown out of proportion because the person ranting is overwhelmed with emotion) or making jokes (which is going to be blown out of proportion because that's how comedy works). This isn't gaslighting, I'm saying my genuine feelings along with factual info-pieces about why what has been spread about us isn't true. We have no, literally 0, ill intent, and you come on here on my thread to clear the air to say I'm gaslighting.

Coming from someone who has never stepped foot in the bog? I'm assuming by frequent leaks, you mean staff-only stuff leaked to non-staff. Literal. Nonsense. I've in the past done my fair share of stupid decisions with spreading info because I didn't know that it was confidential. I refrain from doing that now and have told anyone who knows about anything that they shouldn't repeat it. I've already talked to you privately about this, and I apologized directly to you. I still don't understand what you mean by toxic or unacceptable. I can't think of a time where we did something unacceptable.

Literally what??? This hasn't happened once. Anyone who has been banned/kicked from frog bog each had their own reason. I kicked one guy for leaking some private stuff that someone said. I kicked another because that's what the bog had agreed was the best decision for us. I kicked dozens because I'm not friends with them anymore. It's not "speak bad = ban," it's "be consistently rude or show that you don't care about us = kick". [EDIT: Also, if you've just fallen off with the friend group you can be kicked from the bog, it's not all bad things] I'm always willing to let bygones be bygones (unless you've done something atrocious lol) and become friends with someone again.

What misinformation is being spread? I know of the misinformation that makes us look bad, but what misinformation are you talking about? Everything I've posted here has been true. I've tried making up with you and it didn't work because we were both in a hard spot. Controversies within and out of the bog was stressing me out and you were dealing with whatever you were dealing with.

I cannot believe you would post that after everything I've done to try to clean things up.

I’d like to share some viewpoints from my experiences with both sides.

I was a member of the frog bog for a short bit, and hom I’d like to start by saying that there was no leaks, no matter how long I was in the server they never would leak anything.

frog, now I would like to point a flaw in your logic. The reason I was banned was a joke, a joke you guys took as toxcicity. Afterward you told me I was unbanned because I apologized and learned from it. But I was never unbanned. Idk if it was an oversight, or some way of getting back at me but god it made me feel inadequate.

That is where my hate for frog started to grow, the fact that after I apologized he did that to me.

Now I’d like to point some correct things in each statement.

Hom, I do believe that toxcicity is there, but come on that’s everywhere. But still. After I was banned I was needless to say devistated, I argued with staff and after I was done I went into my private discord server and complained to my friends there. (Baby move, I know) Frog, Red, ender, and 2 others came into my server. They proceeded to continue to argue with me and I got heated. I said a lot of things I regret such as calling them N***** and other awful things. We were both at fault that day, but at least me and frog had the balls to apologize to each other. So yes, it is a place where toxcicity exists, but it’s not the end of the world.

Now frog, I’d like to start this off by saying that you have every right to argue with people, whether it’s the right thing to do. People are people though, they won’t accept an apologyjust because you made the effort. But regardless, you still apologized, which shows some serious maturity, to still apologize to somebody who calls your friends toxic and gas lighters. But judging by the way homchom is acting right now, he’s still hurt. You guys don’t need to patch things up, but you don’t need to keep going at it every time it’s brought up.

Talking behind people’s backs is natural, we’re all human. Some make more mistakes then others but mistakes are still mistakes. They can’t be blown off as “Live and Learn” that isn’t how life works, you face consequences for your actions.

Thank you.

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Thread locked for derailment. Just wanting to stop it at the root. Replies to the above post may cause it to derail more, I hope you understand this decision.

You are welcome to contact the OP in a private discussion on the forums if you'd like to continue it there. Continue to keep it civil!

Thanks guys, and please keep it civil. :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom