• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Infinite Items baffles me

You've probably already seen this item pickup-simulator before. It has almost every value that all excellent DiamondFire games have: beautiful builds, an easy-to-understand progression system and a clean UI that uses custom colors. One crucial thing is missing however: a good gameplay loop.

Honestly, if I came up with the same idea I would've trashed it instantly realizing the lack of potential, but somehow the creator of the game must've fallen in love with it, as they probably spent countless hours polishing the game based on this extremely simple and mundane gameplay concept. There's barely any depth to it: the large variety of collectible items looks exciting at first, until you realize that their only purpose is to be sold for money (and for the same value!) Forget about extra-rare treasures or items with a more specific use: this is all that the game has to offer. On top of all that, the developer has recently added a FULLY ANIMATED TUTORIAL CUTSCENE. Seriously, even a 3-year-old could understand how to play this.

I'm suspecting that there may be a big development team behind this project, but that still doesn't explain why they collectively decided to settle on the very first idea they came up with. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyways, I'd also like to hear your thoughts, as I know that many players on DF like grindy minigames, so there must be someone out there who genuinely enjoys playing it.

Huhuu

Reaction score
Only thing I got to say about the game is that I like the builds

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
I forced myself to play for half an hour because I was impressed how polished it looked, but I got bored and even if I appreciate the builds it doesn't make it any less mundane and repetitive

lemonhead2000

Reaction score
Hello, im Owner of the "Infinite Items" game.
The game was made in order to test the capabilities of the code.
Only 3 people developed this game (lemonhead2000, Polymer22 and slavaxkt)
I made an animated tutorial because some people really didn't understand what to do in this game :|
Indeed, apart from the fact that you do need to pick up items and sell them, you do not need to do anything.
But recently, my team and I finished the Wizard animation. It has a lot of replicas and very good animation.
I would continue to do Infinite Items, but I'm a little tired of it.
In the near future, I plan to do something better and it will not be " grind"
The main reason is that I don't have a large plot and some features in the code to make the most perfect game.

I immediately apologize for my English.

bumpy

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
polished, looks good and boring as hell (y)

Top Bottom