• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

what do you use vectors for

are you going to use vectors

• Total voters

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
Yes, changing entity velocities and raycasting exist. But those just skim the surface of vectors.

What would you use vectors for? How would you incorporate them into a DF game?

I made a physics simulation of orbiting planets, though to be honest an actual game rather than a physics thing probably would not need the in-depthness of vectors.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Vectors are so useful, they are just difficult to learn

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
Vectors are so useful, they are just difficult to learn
how are they useful?..

that is what i am asking

and like noah said, please enlighten me on how they are useful for minigames

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Vectors, once learned, are an extremely powerful tool that can make your lives a lot easier (similar to RegEx). They're a lot more powerful than the old particle system, and a lot more cool stuff is possible with them. Regarding the minigames question, there's plenty of pretty neat effects you can make to show off a selected player, maybe jumps, trail effects, the possibilities are really only limited by your imagination.

LooserRIP

Notorious member
Overlord
Reaction score
I would use vectors if i needed to make a thing that needs vectors to vector so it can work with vectors (vectors included)

DogWithHats

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I would use vectors if i needed to make a thing that needs vectors to vector so it can work with vectors (vectors included)
you could just use vectors for that, though
so simple smh

Top Bottom